Thanksgiving Food Drive: Thank you to all who donated and encouraged donations to our food drive. When St. Vincent de Paul came to pick up they were overwhelmed with the amount of food donated. Seven Hundred and Seventy (717) pounds is a personal best for St. Dominic! It also reminds us that as a community we are always giving and encouraging others to give to our students to not only meet the curriculum expectations, but to be good people. Since the students met the 700 pound threshold our Dragons have earned a school-wide Ice Cream party and additional recess. Great work Dragons!
Halloween Dress-Up and Dance: On Wednesday, October 31st all (Early Years/P/J/I) students will be invited to wear their costumes to school. Please be mindful of the costumes your child is wearing. Costumes cannot promote violence or have accessories or props that could be used as a weapon. As well, masks or suggestive costumes are not permitted including clown costumes. All classes will be invited down to the gym for a 40 minute dance session. Students are invited to donate a loonie or canned good. All proceeds will go to the Food Bank.
|1:00 – 1:40||Early Years and Primary|
|1:40 – 2:20||Junior|
|2:40 – 3:20||Intermediate|
Camp Brebeuf: The smiles on our Gr. 6s tell all. A wonderful day of high ropes, adventure trails and so much more. Thanks to Mr. Kropf, Ms. Shermeto and parent volunteers for making learning come alive outside of the walls of St. Dominic.
New Math Curriculum
The new government released a new curriculum in math titled “The Fundamentals in Math.” They have released a teachers and parent fact sheet to introduce the new curriculum. The link is below:
ESNS Lunch Program
The lunch program is back at St. Dominic School! If you’re tired of making lunches and are looking for some healthy options for your child, this is for you! Once again, Elementary School Nutrition Services (ESNS) will be offering lunch options to the students at St. Dominic’s every Thursday! This year they are partnering with Subway, Pita Pit, Boston Pizza and Holy Guacamole. Once a month on a Friday, they will also offer frozen yogurt and sorbet from Menchies! Simply go to www.esns.ca to register your child. Go to “Schools” and select “St. Dominic Savio School”, then register your child(ren). If you are in need of another note, please send your child to the office to pick one up!
Wellness Tip of the Week (https://www.umbrellaproject.co/parent-resources/)
Believing in free will is our sense that people do things for us not because they have to, but because they want to
Today’s tip with Dr. Jen outlines how this helps to build our children’s feelings of #gratitude. Check out the video to learn more! https://www.umbrellaproject.co/2018/10/22/todays-tip-with-dr-jen-gratitude-and-our-belief-in-free-will/ …
Dates to Remember
- Mon. Oct 29 – Boys’ Volleyball – Holy Rosary at Dominic’s
- Mon. Oct 29 – Girls’ Basketball at Holy Rosary
- Wed. Oct 31 – Halloween Dance
- Thurs. Nov 1 – Grade 6 Trip to Camp Brebeuf
- Thurs. Nov 1 – Holy Guacamole Lunch
- Thurs. Nov 1 – MADD presentation for Grades 7 and 8
- Fri. Nov 2 – Photo Retake Day – 1:00 – 3:30 pm
- Mon. Nov 5 – Book Fair Begins
- Mon Nov 5 – Boys’ Volleyball at St. Agnes, Girls’ Basketball @ St. Dominic
- Tues. Nov 6 – Progress Reports go Home
- Wed. Nov 7 – Girls’ Basketball at St. Luke, Boys’ Volleyball at St. Dominic
- Wed. Nov 7 – School Council Chair Commissioning @ 6:00 pm
- Thurs. Nov 8 – Parent/Teacher Conferences 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Fri. Nov 9 – Remembrance Day Observation at 10:30