Dragon Update for Nov 20 – 24th
We believe in healthy hearts, healthy minds and healthy bodies at St. Dominic. Our Dragon Fit program, championed by Mr. Van Looyen is an amazing example of modelling a healthy lifestyle in our school community. We have record numbers of students joining us at lunch hour to go through fitness circuits and get their heart pumping! Way to go Dragons!
Spirit Wear is HERE!
Students are loving the new spirit wear at St. Dominic. We have lots of smiling faces in the hallways sporting their new clothes. The online store will open again in the Spring for those that wish to order.
If you would like to order delicious lunches for your child, please visit www.esns.ca. Every Thursday Elementary School Nutrition Services provides healthy meals from either Subway, Boston Pizza or Pita Pit. They also offer a treat from Menchies a few Fridays a month! Don’t miss out, order today!
Quotes of the Week… What does it mean to be healthy?
- JK – Eating good foods first, not the junk.
- Grade 2 – Running and playing with friends.
- Grade 4 -Always exercising and making sure you don’t eat too much sugar and candy.
- GRade 4 – Dragon Fit really makes you sweat
- Grade 6 – Getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet and trying to move your body whenever you get the chance.
- Staff – Making sure you take care of your mind, body and soul.
- Staff – Living in a balanced way – ensuring you are receiving proper nutrition, enough exercise not only for your body but your mind as well and making sure you feel good about yourself and have good relationships in your life.
Dates to Remember This Week!
- Mon. Nov 20 – Bus Evacuation Training (AM)
- Mon. Nov 20 – E-Portfolio Training (PM)
- Tues. Nov 21 – ZUMBA – Grades 7 / 8 classes
- Wed. Nov 22 – Volleyball Tourney RIM PARK – Boys
- Thurs. Nov 23 – We are Silent Day
- Thurs. Nov 23 – Grade 4 Trip to Laurel Creek
- Thurs. Nov 23 – Boston Pizza Lunch
- Fri. Nov 24 – Menchies Treat Day
- Fri. Nov 24 – House Colour Day
Have a wonderful Week!