Dragon Update for Nov 13 – 17
Thank you to all of our families who took the time to come and participate in our Student/Parent/Teacher Conferences. We appreciate your support for your child’s education and welcome you to continue to have conversations throughout the year about your child’s progress.
Remembrance Day Observation
We had a wonderful Remembrance Day Observance on Thursday Nov 9. Thank you to the parents that came and joined us as we remembered the fallen soldiers and all those who continue to fight for our freedoms. Thank you to Ms. Shermeto’s class who took the lead with the celebration.
Spirit Wear Delivery
Spirit Wear was delivered this past week and students are very excited about their new Dragon attire! The online shop will open again in the spring for those that want to purchase. Thank you for your support!
Thurs. Nov 16 – Lunch from Pita Pit
If you would like your child to receive the great lunch options every Thursday, and the Menchies treats on alternating Fridays, please register at www.esns.ca. Elementary School Nutrition Services is providing our lunches this year from Boston Pizza, Subway and Pita Pit. Once you register your child, you will see a calendar with the dates that each option is available. So far, the students have been loving the food!
Quotes of the Week… What does PEACE mean to you?
- JK – Peace means loving.
- Grade 2 – I am peaceful when I am not getting in trouble and have a calm body.
- Grade 4 – Peace is when we remember the soldiers who fought for us in the war.
- Grade 6 – Peace is when we can all get along and love one another.
- Grade 8 – I think peace means that we include everyone not matter where we come from and what our beliefs are. Having peace we we all belong.
- Parent – Peace is trying to live a life that you can be proud of and knowing that God is always looking out for you.
Student of the Month
Congratulations goes out to our Student of the Month winners for the month of October. The theme of the month was Gratitude and all of the students chosen were caught showing acts of gratitude throughout the month of October. Way to go Dragons!
Dates to Remember!
- Mon. Nov 13 – Friendship Week starts!
- Tues. Nov 14 – School Council Mtg at 6:15pm
- Wed. Nov 15 – Grade 8 Pathways Presentation at Resurrection – 6:30pm
- Thurs. Nov 16 – Twin Day
- Thurs. Nov 16 – Pita Pit lunch
- Fri. Nov 17 – PD Day