May 13-May 17
May Umbrella Theme
We continue to explore the Umbrella themes each month and students are starting to build their own personal umbrellas – being able to use various strategies to help them deal with struggles they may face in their lives. Throughout the month of May, we will be exploring the theme of Integrity. Take a minute to read the attached article that can be found at the link below. It has some great activities for your children around Integrity.
Catholic Education Week
The theme for this year’s Catholic Education Week was Living as Joyful Disciples. There were many special activities that our students were involved with this week. From the Folk Dance and Grade 7 Dance presentations to our Catholic Education Week Mass, our Dragons were a busy bunch!
We had the pleasure of welcoming some international students from Colombia this week. 8 grade 5/6 girls from Marymount School have joined us at St. Dominic. All students are learning from each other and expanding their horizons due to this amazing adventure. Make sure to say hi if you have the pleasure of coming into contact with any of our international visitors!
A resounding Congratulations goes out to our St. Dominic Folk Dance Team! The students had their culminating performance at The Aud on Thursday evening. After going through a flawless practice performance in the gym Thursday afternoon, the team was in fantastic form for their evening finale. All dancers should be very proud of their work and dedication. Thank You goes out to Ms. Tank, Ms. Buck and Mrs. Montes for their hard work with this dedicated group of students this term. Well Done !
School Track and Field Meet
Our school level Track and Field Meet was held on Tuesday at Resurrection CSS. All students worked hard preparing for this meet and the competition was fierce. Congratulations goes out to all students who participated and gave it their all. Good Luck to those students going on to compete at the Regional Track and Field Meet later on in the year.
Can you solve this?
Dates to Remember
- Tues May 14- Drama Club at Lunch
- Tues May 14- Mr. Kropf and Ms. Shermeto’s Classes with Rocket Science Workshop
- Tues May 14- Humane Society Visits
- Tues May 14- Catholic School Council Mtg in the Learning Commons 6:15 PM
- Wed May 15- Mrs. Montes’ Class Swim to Survive 10:15 AM
- Wed May 15- Intermediate Soccer Tournament at RIM Park 11 AM
- Wed May 15 – Conestoga College Career Day 11:30 am – Selected Gr. ⅞ students
- Thurs May 16- Mrs. Parisi’s Class Swim to Survive 1 PM
- Thurs May 16- Pita Pit Lunch
- Fri May 17- Crazy Hair Day!
- Fri May 17- Mrs. Montes’ and Mrs. Parisi’s Classes to Pioneer Village 9:15 AM
- Fri May 17- Jump Rope for Heart 1 PM
- Mon May 20- Victoria Day. No School!
- Tues May 21 to Thurs May 23- Gr. 3 EQAO Testing
- Tues May 21- Drama Club at Lunch
- Wed May 22- Earth Rangers Assembly 10:45 AM
- Wed May 22 to Fri May 24- Gr. 8s to Mt. Mary
- Thurs May 23- Classes Vertes 6 intermediate students Paris
- Thurs May 23- Boston Pizza Lunch
- Fri May 24- We Walk for Water Day
- Fri May 24- Drama Club at Lunch
- Fri May 24- Menchies’ Treat Day