Dragon Update for March 26 – 30
It was another fun-filled week of learning and growth at St. Dominic’s. We had students building chairs to withstand a certain amount of weight, we had some of our younger students participating in our Little Strummers Program – learning the guitar and our JK/SK classes learning about money, magnets and Easter! So many excellent learning opportunities within our wonderful community.
If you would like to order delicious lunches for your child, please visit www.esns.ca. Every Thursday Elementary School Nutrition Services provides healthy meals from either Subway, Boston Pizza or Pita Pit. They also offer a treat from Menchies a few Fridays a month! Don’t miss out, order today!
An Update from Your School Council
It has been a very busy and productive year so far! Thanks to your support throughout all of our fundraisers and school activities, we have been able to provide many new and exciting additions to the school!
- new sandboxes in the JK/SK area
- new basketball nets in the gym
- new speakers in the gym to be used during assemblies and dances
- materials for the students to use in the makerspace
- new chairs in the library
- a TV for the front foyer to display school news
- STEM materials for the Early Years classrooms
- two wiggle seats for each classroom
- a beautiful planter at our front entrance
Popcorn Days are Coming Back!
Once again, we will be having popcorn days beginning in April! All popcorn is provided by From Farm to Table and is peanut free and gluten free. Each bag will be sold for $1.00 and comes in delicious flavours including, light butter salt, white cheddar, dill pickle, salt and vinegar and spicy sriracha! Our first popcorn day will take place Friday, April 6th!
Math Riddle of the Week
Dates to Remember!
- Mon. March 26th – Humane Society Visits
- Mon. March 26th – Large Schools Volleyball Tournament
- Wed. March 28th – Beacon of Hope Breakfast to celebrate Sebastian Rapacki
- Wed. March 28th – MADD presentation for Grades 7 and 8
- Thurs. March 29th – Little Jammers Guitar Program at lunch
- Thurs. March 29th – Boston Pizza Lunch Day
- Thurs. March 29th – Grade 8 Transition Mtgs
- Thurs. March 29th – Grades 2 / 3 – Aboriginal Intersections Field Trip
- Friday, March 30th – Good Friday