Dragon Update for June 4 – 8
Swiss Chalet Family Night:
hank you to all of you who supported our fundraiser last Thursday night by dining in or ordering take out. Swiss Chalet donates 10% of gross sales to St. Dominic and we hope to receive a donation in the neighbourhood of $250.
Congratulations to all of our students who have completed their EQAO testing. Students persevered and showed great spirit as they worked through problems, showcasing what they know. You make us proud everyday Dragons!!
On Thursday June 7, St. Dominic School will be used as a voting site. The gym will be used for the voting polls. Please remember to exercise your right to vote!
Mission Day in on Tuesday!! This is always a fun day filled with excitement and joy for our students. Our staff go to great lengths to ensure that they prepare fun activities for the students of the school in order to raise funds for those in need. We will be supporting the St. Vincent de Paul Society and the David Suzuki Fund. Thank you to parents who have already donated items for the day!
Math Riddle of the Week
How can you add eight 8’s to get the number 1,000? (only use addition)
Dates to Remember!
- Mon. June 4 – Pottery – Grades 2s and 3s
- Tues. June 5 – Mission Day (1-3pm)
- Tues. June 5 – Intermediate Soccer Exhibition Game afterschool
- Tues. June 5 – School Council Mtg – 6:15pm
- Wed. June 6 – Floor Hockey at lunch
- Wed. June 6 – Ukelele Club at noon
- Thurs. June 7 – Subway Lunch
- Thurs. June 7 – School Skate Program for all Grade 1’s
- Thurs. June 7 – Election Voting in gym all day
- Thurs. June 7 – Regional Track Meet at University Stadium
- Fri. June 8 – Grade 7 Day at Resurrection