January 28-Feb 1
It has been a great pleasure to serve the St. Dominic school community. I have enjoyed my time getting to know you all and for all of the kindness you’ve shown me over the last year and a half, I want to say thank you. From day one, our parents and guardians have demonstrated that education is a joint venture between the school and home. During my time here I worked very closely with our parent community and am amazed at the selflessness of our volunteers. They truly do a lot of extras to provide improved opportunities for all of our students at school. Lastly, and perhaps selfishly, it is our students who I will miss the most. I truly have one of the best jobs in the world. Our students never cease to amaze me! They are creative, energetic, thoughtful, kind and resilient. I am going to miss the kids but I know they are in a wonderful school surrounded by people who love and care for them. Thank you again for being so kind and trusting your greatest joy in life – your children – to my care. I plan to take all of the love and compassion shown to me from the St. Dominic Community to my new venture at St. Michael School.
God Bless! Mrs. Papp – Vice-Principal
Dance-A-Thon – Let’s tape Mr. Runstedler and Mr. Setler to the Gym Wall!!!
Just a reminder that we are currently fundraising for our annual Dance-A-Thon and all fundraised dollars go back to our own school community! As a little incentive – if the students raise over $7500.00, Mr R and Mr. Setler will be duct taped to the gym wall! What a great way to welcome the new Vice-Principal! We got this Dragons! Please continue to collect your funds for the Dance-A-Thon to win fabulous prizes and to have a great day filled with lots of dancing and fun! Pledges! Pledges! Pledges!
Wellness Tip of the Week!
February Umbrella Theme
We continue to explore the Umbrella themes each month and students are starting to build their own personal umbrellas – being able to use various strategies to help them deal with struggles they may face in their lives. Starting in February, we will be exploring the theme of Mindfulness. The link below can get you started on teaching and exploring mindfulness with your children at home:
Riddles….try them now!
- I add five to nine, and get two. The answer is correct, but how?
- What weighs more – a pound of iron or a pound of feathers?
- I am an odd number; take away an alphabet and I become even. What number am I?
- Using only addition, how can you add eight 8’s to get the number 1,000?
Dates to Remember
- Mon. Jan 28 – Intermediate Boys B-Ball OLOL @ St. Dom’s
- Wed. Jan 30 – Bell Let’s Talk Day
- Wed. Jan 30 – Intermediate Girls V-Ball St. Dom’s @ St. John
- Wed. Jan 30 – Catechism for First Communion at 6:30pm
Thurs. Jan 31 – Subway lunch
- Thurs. Jan 31 – Scientists in the School Early Years classes
- Thurs. Jan 31 – Grade 1 Skate Canada Excursion
- Thurs. Jan 31 – Grade 8 Pathway/Mount Mary Meeting 6:30pm
- Fri. Feb 1 – Liturgy at 10:45am
- Wed. Feb 6 – Intermediate Boys B-Ball St. Dom’s @ St. Agnes
- Wed. Feb 6 – Intermediate Girls V-Ball St. Agnes @ St. Dom’s
- Thurs. Feb 7 – Grade 1 Skate Canada Excursion
- Fri. Feb 8 – Colour House Day