February 25- March 1
Dance a Thon was a great event that was enjoyed by both students and staff. Our final tally is in. We are very fortunate and grateful to announce that we brought in $5026 with our profit being in the area of $4000! Thank you to our wonderful parent volunteers and student council. Ice cream parties will be awarded to Mrs. Montes, Mrs. Kuntz and Mrs. Johnson’s classes for having the highest class participation rates. Winner’s of Lunch with a Teacher will receive their lunches this Friday, March 1st. A note will be sent home with these students on Monday. Finally, for surpassing the $3000 and $5000 thresholds the students collectively have earned an extra recess and board game afternoon with a treat (TBD). Way to go Dragons!
“Wear Pink for Anti-Bullying Day” – On Wednesday, February 28th the Dragon community is invited to wear pink as a sign of solidarity in our effort to Stand Up to Bullying. Pink Shirts of all sizes will be on sale on Monday and Tuesday of this week at 12:20 in the front foyer. STAND UP TO BULLYING! WEAR A PINK T-SHIRT on Feb. 27th!
February Umbrella Theme
We continue to explore the Umbrella themes each month and students are starting to build their own personal umbrellas – being able to use various strategies to help them deal with struggles they may face in their lives. Throughout the month of February, we will be exploring the theme of Mindfulness. Take a minute to read the attached article that can be found at the link below. It has some great activities for your children around Mindfulness.
March Umbrella Theme
Seeing as Friday is March 1, our Umbrella Theme for the month of March is Autonomy. More information to follow. Stay tuned!
FITGO is back at St. Dominic! As part of Healthy Schools Week February 25- March 1, 2019 all elementary schools will participate in FITGO Challenge. Each school will be part of a friendly competition where students will have a chance to take part in two ways:
- Classroom Challenge: Classes will work to complete a FITGO card in 5 topic areas for a chance to be named the overall 2018 FITGO Challenge winner. The 5 categories include daily physical activity, healthy bodies, healthy eating, healthy minds, and a healthy environment.
- School Wide: Classes will be able to add to a PHOTO FITGO card and tweet out pictures under each of the 5 categories.
Can you solve this? How much do the 3 animals way together?
Dates to Remember
- Mon. Feb 25 to Mar 1 FITGO Challenge
- Mon. Feb 26 – Boys’ Basketball Seeding game @ St. Dominic @ 4:00 pm
- Tues. Feb 26- Student of the Month Lunch for January
- Wed. Feb 27- Pink Shirt Day
- Wed. Feb 27- Skills Canada (Junior) at Conestoga College
- Thurs. Feb 28 – Valentine’s Bake Sale
- Thurs. Feb 28- Skills Canada (Intermediate) at Conestoga College
- Thurs. Feb 28- Grade 1 Skate Canada Excursion
- Thurs. Feb 28- Concours Oratoive – Board-level French Speaking Contest at KW Museum
- Fri. Mar 1- Popcorn Day
- Fri. Mar 1- Lunch with a Teacher Dance a Thon Winners
- Tues. Mar 5- Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Tuesday)
- Tues. Mar 5- Safety Village Trip for Mr. Jolly’s Gr 5s, Ms. Johnston’s Gr. 5s and Mr. Kropf’s Gr. 6s
- Tues. Mar 5- Boys’ B-Ball Regional Championships 11:30-5 at RIM Park
- Wed. Mar 6- St. Dominic Savio Feast Day
- Wed. Mar 6- Ash Wednesday Liturgy at 11 AM
- Wed. Mar 6- Girls’ V-Ball Regional Championships 11:30 am – 5 pM at RIM Park
- Fri. Mar 8- Ms. Parisi and Ms. Montes’ Class Trip to Laurel Creek