Dragon Update for April 3 – 6
Rejoice and be glad, for the promise of Jesus Christ has been fulfilled. Our Saviour has risen from the dead. May the risen Lord bless you abundantly and bring lots of happiness to you and your family. Happy Easter from all of us at St. Dominic!
On Holy Thursday, each class celebrated as a classroom family and participated in a Bread ceremony. It was a beautiful way to start our day and to commemorate the Last Supper of Jesus Christ.
If you would like to order delicious lunches for your child, please visit www.esns.ca. Every Thursday Elementary School Nutrition Services provides healthy meals from either Subway, Boston Pizza or Pita Pit. They also offer a treat from Menchies a few Fridays a month! Don’t miss out, order today!
Popcorn Day is HERE!
This Friday, April 6th will be our first popcorn day!! All popcorn is provided by From Farm to Table and is peanut free and gluten free. Each bag will be sold for $1.00 and comes in delicious flavours including, light butter salt, white cheddar, dill pickle, salt and vinegar and spicy sriracha! All proceeds will go towards supporting school initiatives. So, bring in your loonies Dragons and enjoy a tasty treat on Friday!!
Math Riddle of the Week
- How can you add eight 8’s to get the number 1,000? (only use addition)
- Can you find four consecutive prime numbers that add up to 220 ?
- When asked how old she was, Sarah replied, ‘In 2 years I will be twice as old as I was five years ago.’ How old is she ?
Dates to Remember!
- Mon. April 2 – Easter Monday
- Tues. Apr 3 – Gr. 7 – Hep B #2, HPV #2
- Wed. Apr 4th – All Star Reading Celebration @ 9:30
- Wed. Apr 4th – Liturgy and Student of the Month Recognition @ 11:00 am
- Thurs. Apr 5th – Little Jammers Lunchtime Guitar
- Friday, Apr 6th – Jersey Day
- Friday, Apr 6th – Popcorn Sales at lunch