We want to wish all of the St. Dominic Families a very Merry Christmas! It truly takes a village to support our students and we want to thank you for your contributions this far and know that we will continue to have your support as we move into the New Year! Please take time with your families and your friends over this blessed and Holy season.
Christmas Family Night!
What an amazing Christmas Family Night filled with lots of laughter and smiling faces. The halls of St. Dominic were buzzing with activity as students created crafts, watched holiday movies, ate delicious treats from the bake sale and bid on the amazing silent auction prizes! We were also very fortunate to have Santa come and visit us at school! A special thank you to all of the members, and their spouses of the school council who volunteered many hours to ensure that this event was successful. We want to thank you for always showing your generous and caring spirit in supporting the efforts of the school community!
We will be participating in Mass on December 20th at St. Mark’s church. Please be reminded to sign the permission form on cash online as soon as possible. We would also like to extend an invitation for you to join us and participate in the Word of the Lord as a school community. Mass starts at 10am.
Wellness Tip of the Week –
When we feel like we have done something wrong, we can take ownership for it and move on. When we feel like we are a bad person, it is much harder to take ownership. This perspective also sinks deeply into our sense of self, damaging our wellbeing.
Listen in as Dr. Jen shares the language to use around your child to grow self-compassion with this approach. Watch it below or on our Youtube channel.
Dates to Remember
- Mon. Dec 17 – Grade 1-6 Trip to see The Grinch
- Tues. Dec 18 – Primary Concert at 9:30am
- Tues. Dec 18 – Maker Space for Parisi’s class
- Tues. Dec 18 – Rez Concert (PM)
- Tues. Dec 18 – Eco Team Presentation
- Wed. Dec 19 – Schnarr, Batiste, Herzog Trip to Museum
- Wed. Dec 19 – Dress Rehearsal for Drama Play
- Thurs. Dec 20 – Advent Mass at St. Mark’s Church
- Thurs. Dec 20 – Christmas Drama Club Performance of ELF
- Thurs. Dec 20 – Subway Lunch
- Fri. Dec 21 – Intermediate Bowling Trip (PM)
- Fri. Dec 21 – Menchies Treat Day
- Fri. Dec 21 – Last Day before Christmas Break
- Mon. Jan 7 – Welcome Back to School!