Dragon Update for January 13-17
The Umbrella Project Theme for January: Authenticity
The new Umbrella Project Theme for the month of January is Authenticity. Authenticity is the ability to:. Authenticity is further explained in the attached link below. Watch for further tips all month in future Dragon Updates.
Girls’ Volleyball and Boys’ Basketball
Good Luck goes out to the Girls’ Volleyball Team and the Boys’ Basketball Team as they embark on the beginning of their respective seasons. Mr. Kropf and Mrs. Mazurek have been working very hard with the girls and Mr. Van Looyen has been working very hard with the boys as each team prepares for their upcoming games. Go get’em Dragons! We know that you will make us all very proud!
Kindergarten Registration- No Experience Needed
Calling all Baby Dragons:
- Online at https://register.wcdsb.ca/
- Download a package at https://www.wcdsb.ca/our-schools/register-for-school/entering-kindergarten/
- Visit us in the school’s office for a hard copy.
We will be booking registration appointments the week of:
Tuesday, February 8th to Friday, February 21st, 2020. Once you have completed your registration, please call the office at 519-576-5503 to book your appointment.
Winter Weather Reminders
Now that winter seems to have set in for good, parents need to be aware of a couple of reminders regarding the colder weather:
- Please make sure to send in a couple of pairs of mitts and socks for your child(ren) as playing in the snow can make them pretty wet. These items do not dry out quickly and an extra set will help your child(ren) be more comfortable at recess.
- Snow pants are a must if your child(ren) are going to be playing in the snow making forts or spending any time on the hills. Snow pants will help them stay warm and dry, and comfortable for the rest of the day. As well, winter boots are now a must to keep their feet warm and dry!
Back in the Groove!
Students have returned from their Christmas Break rested, rejuvenated and ready to tackle 2020! All classes reestablished their routines and fantastic learning once again happened at St. Dominic! Here are a few examples! Way to go Dragons!
Catholic School Council Meeting Cancelled
Just a quick reminder to all Catholic School Council members and the rest of the parent community at St. Dominic that the School Council Meeting scheduled for Monday January 13th has been cancelled.
A team of Gr. 8 student nautical engineers will set sail this Wednesday as they attempt to cross the Fergus Swimplex pool. We have tested a prototype at Forest Heights pool, made some design changes, and are excited to test how seaworthy our latest prototype is.
Here are some things that you can do at home to engage your child in math and help them gain confidence!
Dates to Remember
Mon Jan 13- Pizza Day
Wed Jan 15- KW Art Gallery Visit for Gr 3
Wed Jan 15- Girls Volleyball Game vs St. Agnes & Boys Basketball Game at St. Agnes
Wed Jan 15- Pathways and Mt Mary Meeting for Gr 8s 6:30 PM
Thurs Jan 16- Laurel Creek Trip for Mrs. Batiste and Ms. Schnarr’s Classes All Day
Fri Jan 17- Pajama Day
Mon Jan 20- Pizza Day
Tues Jan 21- Grade 7 Immunizations
Tues Jan 21- Grade 8 and Sibling Photo Day
Tues Jan 21- SK Vision Screening
Wed Jan 22- Chris D’Sousa Presentation on Inclusion and Diversity
Wed Jan 22- KW Art Gallery Post Visit for Gr 3
Fri Jan 24- PD Day: no school for students!