Dragon Update for December 2-6
The Umbrella Project Theme for December: Cognitive Flexibility
The new Umbrella Project Theme for the month of December is Cognitive Flexibility. Cognitive Flexibility is the ability to: change our strategies when we face new and unexpected conditions in the environment; solve problems in new situations; make sense of the unexpected; switch tasks easily; shift and change our thoughts as needed in a situation; and being able to think flexibly. This is a very important skill to master in order to be innovative. Cognitive Thinking is further explained in the video attached in the link below. Watch for further tips all month in future Dragon Updates.
The Christmas Food, NEW TOY and NEW Winter Accessory Tree
St Dominic will once again be holding The Christmas Food, NEW TOY and NEW Winter Accessory Tree as our Social Justice Peace Tree Team Initiative for December. This campaign will run from November 28th to December 18th. Please see the link below for all of the details:
On Thursday, the staff and students at St.Dominic celebrated the first week of Advent with an Advent Liturgy. Thanks goes out to the School Pastoral Team who planned the liturgy, to the student readers and to all Dragons for their reverent participation in the liturgy that helps prepare us for Jesus’ birth. As we help prepare for Jesus’ coming, there are things that can be done at home to help your child(ren) prepare. Watch the video in the attached link for more info on Advent
Students of the Month for November: Growth Mindset
On Thursday, after the Advent Liturgy, the winners of the Student of the Month for November were recognized by their peers for exhibiting a Growth Mindset all month. Congratulations Dragons!
Save the Date: St. Dominic Primary Christmas Concert Thursday Dec 12th 9:45 AM
It is the time of year again at St. Dominic CES to spread Christmas Cheer. You are cordially invited to the Primary Christmas Concert on Thursday December 12th. The show begins at 9:45 AM. All parents are welcome. The Kindergarten to Grade 3 students have been working very hard on their numbers and our Dragons cannot wait to perform for you. What a great way to bring in the Christmas Season!
Just a reminder that this is the last week for Little Jammerz guitar lessons. If your child is going to be away on Tuesday and not attending this session, please make sure to have their borrowed guitar at the school for Tuesday as the instructors will be collecting them on this last day. If needed, the guitars can be dropped off in the office on Monday if you are not able to bring them on Tuesday.
Can you solve this puzzle?
- In a bicycle race, the man who came two places in front of the last man finished one ahead of the man who came fifth. How many contestants were there?
- You have 14 brown socks, 14 blue socks and 14 black socks in your sock drawer. How many socks must you remove (without looking to be sure) to have a matched pair?
Dates to Remember
- Mon Dec 2- Pizza Day
- Tues Dec 3- Girls Empowerment Group AM
- Tues Dec 3- Little Jammerz Lunch
- Wed Dec 4- Santa Hat Day
- Wed Dec 4- Gr 6 Science Olympics
- Wed Dec 4- Constable Nick (SRO) Student Presentation AM
- Thurs Dec 5- Gr 8s at Resurrection for the Live Art Presentation 10 AM
- Thurs Dec 5- Kindergarten Crock a Doodle Craft Session AM
- Fri Dec 6- PD Faith Day. No school for students!
- Mon Dec 9- Pizza Day
- Mon Dec 9- Gr 1-6 Excursion to Frozen 2
- Mon-Fri Peace Tree Rafiki Bracelet & Fair Trade Chocolate Christmas Sales all week
- Thurs Dec 12- Primary Christmas Concert 9:45
- Thurs Dec 12- Family Christmas Night 5:30-7 PM
- Fri Dec 13- Christmas Craft Sale for Free the Children in Front Foyer