Dragon Update for Oct 23 – 27
What a glorious week filled with sun-filled days outside. We continue to be grateful for the many blessings in our lives.
We thank you…
For the laughter of the children,
For my own life breath,
For the abundance of food on this table,
For the ones who prepared this sumptuous feast,
For the roof over our heads,
The clothes on our backs,
For our health,
And our wealth of blessings,
For this opportunity to celebrate with family and friends,
For the freedom to pray these words
In any language,
In any faith,
In this great country,
Whose landscape is as vast and beautiful as her inhabitants.
Thank You, God, for giving us all these. Amen.
Quotes of the Week…
- Grade 1 – Look at the leaves- they have so many colours!
- Grade 3 – I can’t wait for the games club to start. I am really good at games.
- Grade 5 – Come and see my car I am building. I like doing this “stuff” in the library.
- Grade 7 – I need your help solving a problem.
- Grade 8 – Let me help you carry that Mrs. Papp.
- Parent – I know that the staff here really love my kids. I couldn’t ask for anything more in a school.
- Teacher – We took our learning outside today. So much beauty to take in!
School Mass of Gratitude – Father Steve and Deacon Basil led us in a whole school mass with the focus on gratitude. They left us feeling a sense of beauty in knowing that we have many things to be thankful for in our world. Thank you to our Pastoral team for transforming the gym into a sacred space and for setting our table for God.
Thanksgiving Food Drive – We are so pleased to announce that we have raised over 766 lbs of food for St. Vincent de Paul. Our colour house groups did a wonderful job in ensuring that the people in need in our community are supported. Thank you to all of the families that donated!
Congratulations are in order for our Dragon Football Team! Our Flag football team consisting of students in Grades 6-8 played spirited ball with 4 wins and 3 ties in our tournament. Many thanks to Coach Jolly and Coach Kropf!
Dates to Remember!
- Mon. Oct 23 – PD Day
- Tues. Oct 24 – Fred Penner concert
- Wed. Oct 25 – Girls Basketball game vs. St. Matthew
- Wed. Oct 25 – Boys Volleyball game at St. Matthew
- Wed. Oct 25 – Coding day for Junior Students
- Thurs. Oct 26 – Scientists in Schools (Grade 2 / 3)
- Fri. Oct 27 – School wide Christian Meditation at 1:05pm