Dragon Update for Oct 30 – Nov 3
This week we saw great leaders from our Junior Division attend the Raise the Bar Intramural Conference to learn about new games and activities that they can bring back to the students at St. Dominic’s. We are excited to have them demonstrate all of their learning to our students! Special thanks to Mr. Jolly, Mrs. Campbell and Mr. Kropf who attended the conference to support the learning as well!
Thursday Lunch Days are back at St. Dominic Savio School!!
This year we are excited to be offering hot lunches every Thursday from Elementary School Nutrition Services (ESNS). Lunches will be provided from Boston Pizza, Subway and Pita Pit, with Menchies providing frozen yogurt on alternating Fridays. A note was sent home explaining how to register your child through www.esns.ca. The program begins Thursday, November 2nd!
Quotes of the Week…
- Grade 3 – I have made so many friendly numbers today!
- Grade 6 – I love our new class – being in a portable is pretty cool.
- Grade 8 – Thanks for talking to me. I feel a lot better now.
- Parent – Our son is having the best year ever. He loves his teacher and I believe that is making the difference for him.
- Staff – I love being part of the St. Dominic team. We are all so unique and have the best time together.
Halloween Dress-Up and Dance: On Tuesday, October 31st all (Early Years/P/J/I) students will be invited to wear their costumes to school. Please ensure that your son/daughter does not wear a costume that promotes violence or has accessories or props that could be used as a weapon. As well, masks or suggestive costumes are not permitted including clown costumes. All classes will be invited down to the gym for a 40 minute dance session. Students are invited to donate a loonie or canned good and all proceeds will go to the Food Bank.
|1:00 – 1:40||Early Years and Primary|
|1:40 – 2:20||Junior|
|2:40 – 3:20||Intermediate|
Dates to Remember!
- Wed. Nov 1 – Take your kids to work day
- Wed. Nov 1 – Great Lakes Program – Grade 1, 2 and 3 (Library) – All day
- Wed. Nov 1 – Grade 8 visit to Resurrection High School
- Wed. Nov 1 – Return parent conference forms to school
- Thurs. Nov 2 – Grade 6 trip to Laurel Creek
Our New Portable is Here and we love it!
Ms. Shermeto’s Grade 6/7 class moved into the portable this week. They opened the portable in style with a “Portable Potluck Party!” Students broke bread together as a large group to welcome their new surroundings.