Welcome to St. Dominic Savio
Dragon Update: Monday, January 16th – 20th
Monthly Theme: Kindness Twitter: See our Mighty Dragons at work on Twitter: @wcdsbStDominic Nutrition for Learning: Nutrition for Learning resumes this week M/W/F
Multicultural Week at St. Dominic
St.Dominic Savio proudly celebrated our diversity throughout the week by recognizing different nationalities each day. Interested facts, anthems and prayers in different languages were offered daily. We are closing with a “Cupcakes of the World” sale tomorrow (Friday) which will be on sale for $1.00 in the front foyer. Students are encouraged to wear Red and White on Friday, Jan 20th as we recognize our great country of Canada.
Calendar this Week
- Mon. Jan 23 – Pizza Day
- Tues. Jan 24 – Gr. 8/SK/Teacher Photos (am)
- Wed. Jan 25 – Boys Bball @ St. Agnes, Girls Vball vs St. Agnes @ 4:00 pm
- Thurs. Jan 26 – Sub Day
- Thurs. Jan 26 – Binary Tattoo Parent Presentation – 6:30 – 8:00 pm. See attached flyer for details
- Fri. Jan 27 – PD Day
Calendar Next Week
- Mon. Jan 30 – Pizza Day
- Mon. Jan 30 – Boys Bball vs St. Matt’s, Girls Vball @ St. Matt’s @ 4:00
- Tues. Jan 31 – Toyota Tour – VanLooyen/Ross
- Wed. Feb. 1st – Laurel Creek – Gr. 8 – VanLooyen/Ross (am), Gr. 1 – Coelho/Cimermancic (pm)
- Thurs. Feb. 2nd – Liturgy – Theme of Kindness at 1:15 followed by STOM
- Thurs. Feb 2 – Sub Day
Calendar Week after Next
- Mon. Feb 6 – Pizza Day
- Mon. Feb 6 – Boys Bball @ St. Luke, Girls Vball vs St. Luke
- Tues. Feb 7 – School Council Mtg @ 6:30 pm
- Wed. Feb 8 – Boys Bball vs S.E.B, Girls Vball @ S.E.B
- Wed. Feb 8 – Gr. 8 Transition/Mount Mary Mtg @ 6:30 at Rez
- Thurs. Feb 9 – Sub Day
Gr. 8 Resurrection Transition/Mount Mary Meeting
Gr. 8 parents are invited to a Making the Transition to Resurrection CSS and Mount Mary Pre Visit Meeting on Wednesday, February 8th, at Resurrection in Rm 101 from 6:30 – 7:45 pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! (see attached flyer for details)
Binary Tattoo: What every Parent Needs to Know about Social Networks:
They are posting? Who is watching? Can’t tell your Twitter from you Tumblr? Want to better understand what your child is using? Interested in protecting their posts from the wrong eyes? Join us for the answers to these and other questions for parents in the digital age. St. Dominic’s school council is sponsoring a Social Networks 101 for Parents in the library from 6:30 – 8:00 pm on Thursday, January 26th. Gr. 3 to 8 students will also be participating in an interactive session in the afternoon.
The Bus Loading Zone at the front of the school…
The front loop at the front of the school (off of Westforest Trail) has two specific purposes. It is a bus loading and unloading zone. Cars or commercial vehicles should never park there.
It is also an emergency vehicle zone. In the event of a fire or an emergency, this area is to be used for emergency vehicles only. If you park your car in this area, you could receive a $75 ticket from the City of Kitchener Bylaw Officers.
The Kiss n Drop (off of Victoria Street) was designed to allow parents to safely drop off children before school. Drivers are asked to pull into the driveway on the right hand side, and proceed as far ahead as possible. Cars should not be parked in this area. Student volunteers in bright florescent vests are available to help our younger students from the cars and walk them to the kindergarten area. Drivers should not be walking students to the yard. Thank you for your attention to the safety of our kids
Have a wonderful week!